09 Feb 2024 Cinemas in the Sand on Pensacola Beach Lineup Announced
by Katie King | Katie@ewbullock.com
Experience Movie Magic: Cinemas in the Sand Returns to Pensacola Beach
2024 Movie Lineup Announced
Pensacola Beach, Fla. (February 09, 2024) – Get ready to kick off your sandals and soak up some movie magic as Cinemas in the Sand returns to Pensacola Beach for another unforgettable year of family fun.
Presented by the Santa Rosa Island Authority (SRIA), this beloved tradition invites locals and visitors alike to gather under the stars, feel the sand between their toes, and enjoy timeless movie classics against the breathtaking backdrop of the Gulf of Mexico.
The 2024 Cinemas in the Sand movie nights return in March through October on these select Friday nights, starting at sunset, from the Gulfside Pavilion stage on Casino Beach.
2024 Cinemas in the Sand Lineup:
- Friday, March 15: “Shrek” – This 2001 animated comedy film by DreamWorks Animation follows the journey of an ogre named Shrek who embarks on a quest to rescue Princess Fiona with the help of a talkative donkey. Along the way, they encounter various fairy tale creatures and learn valuable lessons about friendship and acceptance.
- Friday, April 19: “Jumanji” – In this 1995 fantasy adventure film, based on the children’s book by Chris Van Allsburg, a magical board game unleashes a world of jungle hazards upon its players. Starring Robin Williams, the movie takes viewers on a thrilling and humorous journey as the players attempt to survive and finish the game.
- Friday, May 17: “The Parent Trap” – This 1998 romantic comedy film tells the story of identical twin sisters, separated at birth, who meet at summer camp and hatch a plan to reunite their long-lost parents. Starring Lindsay Lohan in a dual role, the movie is filled with heartwarming moments and hilarious hijinks.
- Friday, June 21: “Barbie” – Barbie and Ken are having the time of their lives in the colorful and seemingly perfect world of Barbie Land. However, when they get a chance to go to the real world, they soon discover the joys and perils of living among humans.
- Friday, August 16: “The Secret Life of Pets” – Ever wonder what your pets do when you’re not home? This animated comedy explores the secret lives of pets through the eyes of a lovable terrier named Max and his newfound furry friends. Packed with humor and heart, this film is a treat for animal lovers.
- Friday, September 20: “Inside Out” – Delve into the mind of a young girl named Riley as her emotions – Joy, Sadness, Anger, Fear, and Disgust – guide her through life’s ups and downs. This animated gem from Pixar beautifully illustrates the complexities of growing up and the importance of embracing all of our feelings.
- Friday, October 25: “Monsters, Inc.” – In the city of Monstropolis, monsters generate power by scaring human children at night. However, when a little girl named Boo enters their world, chaos ensues, leading two unlikely friends, Sulley and Mike, on a heartwarming adventure. This Pixar classic is filled with laughter, friendship, and plenty of monster-sized fun.
Cinemas in the Sand is sponsored by Postcard Properties, FL and Postcard Realty, Inc. sister companies offering the full suite of real estate services: sales, property management, and vacation rentals.
All movies are free to the public and will start at sunset on a giant movie screen in front of the Gulfside Pavilion stage, weather permitting.
For weather updates, go to Facebook.com/visitpensacolabeach or call the SRIA at 850-932-2257.
Media Note: For additional information please contact AJ Powell, Human Resources and Events Coordinator at (850) 932-2257 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pensacola Beach is owned by Escambia County, Fla., and is under the direction of the Santa Rosa Island Authority (SRIA). The SRIA was created by the Florida legislature in 1947 under Chapter 24500. The SRIA does not receive tax support from the taxpayers of the county. It is fully funded from lease fees collected from business and residences on the beach. The SRIA board is made up of six members; five are named by members of the Escambia County Board of Commissioners whose term is the same as the commissioner who appointed them. Registered voters on Pensacola Beach elect the sixth member. The elected member’s term is two years.