30 Aug Pensacola Beach Air Show A Roaring Success
by Katie King |Katie@ewbullock.com
Pensacola Beach Air Show A Roaring Success
After a 2019 air show season that got curtailed due to a tropical storm, and a 2020 show that was canceled altogether due to the COVID-19 pandemic – it’s fair to say that all of Northwest Florida was more than ready for the 2021 Pensacola Beach Air Show to take place. And this July our Hometown Heroes certainly did not disappoint! Tens of thousands of people turned out to see the Blue Angels dazzle the crowds, even in the pouring rain.
EW Bullock has a hands-on role in the Air Show providing public information, promotions and public relations services. Months of planning and coordination came together seamlessly even with new logistical and COVID related challenges thrown into the mix.
Public relations efforts included the following:
- Press Release on Beach Air Show days, times, acts and info
- Press Release on ways to mitigate congestion and traffic on beach and trolley times
- Coordinating the Media Opportunity Day on NAS Pensacola Sherman Field with the Blue Angels
- Coordinating the Key Influence rider Mary Ann Proctor and Media Rider – WKRG’s Drexel Gilbert – to fly with the Blue Angels #7
- Coordinating civilian and media flights with the Veterans Flight pilots and team
- Coordinating media interviews during Friday and Saturday’s air show
- Social media announcements
The show received great press coverage. Below, see just a few samples of the many news stories achieved.