15 Nov Gulf Breeze Will Do Announces Its 2021 Grant Winners
by Katie King |Katie@ewbullock.com
Gulf Breeze Will Do Announces Its 2021 Grant Winners
GULF BREEZE, FLA. (November 15, 2021) – Gulf Breeze Will Do, a women’s philanthropic group, awarded more than $35,000 in grants at its annual meeting on November 14, 2021.
Gulf Breeze Will Do (GBWD) was born out of a group of Gulf Breeze women who formed an organization that could serve as a funding tool to help other nonprofit organizations and individuals who are trying to make a difference in the Gulf Breeze and Pensacola Beach communities.
Grant funding at GBWD is provided by collective annual membership dues, of which 100 percent is distributed back to the community. Every member has a vote on which organizations receive grant funding.
This year’s grant recipients include:
Gulf Breeze Community Preschool (a division of Santa Rosa County Schools)
• A $10,000 grant will be used to purchase playground equipment, including shipping.
• A $5,801 grant will be used to purchase a stage, tool shed, flowers, vegetables and supplies to create an outdoor garden.
Gulf Breeze Senior Center
• A $2,332 grant will be used to purchase sixteen resin chairs and portable bocce ball court.
Gulf Breeze Elementary School
• An $8,566 grant will be used towards the purchase installation of a 24′ x 24′ paver area and landscaping plants.
Midway Fire Department
• An $8,566 grant will be used towards purchase a fire extinguisher training system.
The 2022 Membership Drive is currently underway. Annual dues are $250 per person and membership is open to women 18 years of age or older. To join, visit www.gulfbreezewilldo.org.
ABOUT GULF BREEZE WILL DO
Gulf Breeze will do was formed to engage women in philanthropy by collectively providing grants to support nonprofits and initiatives serving the Gulf Breeze and Pensacola Beach Communities in zip codes 32561 and 32563. One hundred percent of the member’s dues are awarded by grant to support those with a heart to help others. The Board of Directors is a group of volunteers whose purpose is to collect and distribute funds through grants voted on by its members.