25 Jul 2022 Pensacola Beach Air Show sets record attendance
by Katie King | Katie@ewbullock.com
2022 Pensacola Beach Air Show sets record attendance
Tens of thousands of fans spent three days lined up on Pensacola Beach — paralleling the shoreline and creating a rainbow of colored tents and umbrellas — all to watch Pensacola’s very-own and beloved U.S. Navy Blue Angels dazzle overhead. 2022’s attendance broke 2021’s previously-held record. And our Hometown Heroes certainly did not disappoint!
The weekend followed the pattern of a steady build, as Thursday’s practice show brought 19,661 vehicles across the Pensacola Bay Bridge, with Friday increasing to 19,865 vehicles. By Saturday, the parking lots at Casino Beach and Quietwater were both closed by 5:25 a.m.
EW Bullock had a hands-on role in the Air Show providing public information, promotions and public relations services.
Public relations efforts included the following:
- Press Release on Beach Air Show days, times, acts and info
- Press Release on ways to mitigate congestion and traffic on beach and trolley times
- Coordinating the Media Opportunity Day on NAS Pensacola Sherman Field with the Blue Angels
- Coordinating the Key Influence rider Ashley Turner and Media Rider – WEAR’s Tanner Stewart – to fly with the Blue Angels #7
- Coordinating the alternate Key Influence rider and alternate media rider’s to fly on Fat Albert.
- Coordinating civilian and media flights with the Veterans Flight pilots and team
- Coordinating media interviews during Friday and Saturday’s air show
- Social media announcements and live coverage
The show received lots of press coverage. Below, see just a few samples of the many news stories achieved.